Monday 23 September 2013

All about cleansers (ft. the body shop)


Liz Earle, Emma Hardie, Soap & Glory. You name it, they are all doing it. Bringing out new cleansing products thats what. Liz has her cleanse & polish, Emma has her amazing face moringa balm. They are both great products and famous in the beauty world. But whats the one things thats wrong with them? They are bloody expensive thats what!
Liz Earles Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser retails at around £25 for A 200ml tube, which to be fair I get through fairly quickly. Emma Hardy Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm retails at, wait for it...£34 for 100ml! eeeeek. That to me is crazy money when I believe there are plenty of cheaper alternatives o the market that do exactly the same job. I'm a huge fan of Soap & Glory skincare and fell in love with the peaches and cream cleaner when it was first released. One of the first of its kind; a creamy gel cleaner that you use in very much the same way as Emma Hardie or Liz Earle and the smell is just to die for.

Whilst out shopping the other day, I found myself perusing the shelves of The Body Shop, smelling and rubbing different lotions and potions, as you do on a Saturday afternoon. When I remembered seeing the press releases about the new camomile range. I had to have it. All. The Body Shop have jumped on the band wagon and produced 3 new cleansing products; an oil cleaner, a cleaning butter and an eye make-up remover lotion. There is also a waterproof eye make-up remover but I don't need that one as very rarely wear waterproof make-up.  I've already tried the cleansing butter and I love it. A small amount warmed up in the hands until it melts deliciously then massage onto your dry face to remove all make-up and dirt from the day. You can use it to remove eye make-up too but I prefer to take a little bioderma, or the camomile eye lotion on a couple of cotton pads and gently sweep over eyes.
The camomile range feels very soft, nourishing and gentle, with just the slight scent of fresh camomile.

I bought the trio in a set (£23 instore) but all items are available online from the body shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment